Friday, January 9, 2015

Five for Friday {New Year Style}






We started back on Monday and like any other seasoned teacher I acted like it was the first day of school. We reviewed all of our rules and created anchor charts. The students all remembered our five rules, but we did some digging. Each rule was created into a picture, "What does that mean?", and "Why do we have this rule?".  I really feel that my kids now have a deeper meaning of the rule, not just 'be good'. 



After our extensive review of rules, my students were rewarded by some new nifty pencils by Pensillies. My students loved that they are something different and pretty cool at that. Each character piece is cushy to give them a soft grip and the students can mix and match. I did have to set a few rules though. If they aren't doing their work due to their pencil it will belong to me. Also it must stay in their pencil box, because if it's missing I don't have extras to give out. (Maybe it will help them be responsible of their supplies?!?!)



WOOOOOOHOOOOOO it's here! Each Wednesday I am hosting a linky for y'all to join! Blog about a highlight in your classroom each week and link up!



Arctic blast = a much deserved day off!!!



and that day off equals blogging with this cutie!

Make sure to check out Doodle Bugs Teaching for other 5 for Friday Linkups!
                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

4 comments :

Jill Sloothaak said...

YAY for a snow day for you!!! We are on snow day #3 this week here in southwest Michigan. Oh boy! But, these days at home being cozy with the kids are wonderful. I love them!!

Jill
ABCs and Polkadots

Heather L said...

Thanks for doing the Hump Day Highlight link-up!! Loved reading some of the other blogs that joined! Have a wonderful weekend!

recipeforteaching

Sarah said...

I miss those snow days when I used to live in Cleveland! Lol we had a chance of a delay here in Nc because of cold weather, but it didn't happen.

Sarah
Teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

The Teacher's Desk 6 said...

OMGosh! I was just looking back through your blog to read a bit more about your Hump Day linky, preparing mine for this week's link-up when I spotted your Five for Friday post. I noticed your pic of Fox8's school closing. You must not be far from me. I'm also a NE Ohioan! That's the station of my choice to check for school closings:)

Angela