Wednesday, July 24, 2013

3 Years Already!?!

Three years ago I married the man of my dreams!



Who would have thought that a random trip to a sporting goods store would lead me to find the man I'd spend the rest of my life with! On that day I didn't only gain a best friend. I gained my rock, my shoulder to cry on, and an entire amazing family.

He asked me to marry him 3 years later on Christmas Eve. If asking someone to marry you while you have a 102 degree fever doesn't say a lot, I don't know what does. This man has determination and nothing is going to stop him from his dreams.

Our wedding day... I can still picture that day like it was yesterday. I remember sitting in my dining room as the girls were getting ready... I remember thinking to myself "Is it normal to be this calm only a few short hours before walking down the aisle?"
I can remember looking at myself in the mirror as I did my makeup.
I can remember pinching myself to make sure it was real.
I can still smell my bouquet.
I can still feel my father take me by the hand.
I can still hear the congregation awe as I walked down the aisle.
I can still hear my husband and me recite our vows.
I can still feel the smile as I walked out of the church.
I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach as we danced our first dance.
I can still feel the love that surrounded me that day.
I wish I could live that day over and over again, but when you marry the one that God has created just for you those memories are renewed each and every day. I am still thankful that he stole my heart and I in return took his last name!


I am in love with the lyrics in this song! It is almost like they wrote this song just for us <3


and for a couple of country lovers... this was our first song :)

Happy Anniversary Chris! Here's to many more!
                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

4 comments :

Diary of a Second Grade Teacher said...

Happy anniversary! :)

Pam
Diary of a Second Grade Teacher

Debbie said...

Happy Anniversary!! It is a great day for an anniversary! I celebrate 3 years today also!! Have a great day with your husband.

TheElementary MathManiac said...

Happy anniversary! Love the pictures:)

Tara
The Math Maniace

Katie Lisen said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!