What's Your Favorite Back to School Activity!?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Totally excited about joining Jodi!!


I could tell you how I love to send the students on a gingerbread man hunt throughout the school so that they can learn the different areas of the school and the teachers.  I could also tell you how I stamp the inside of their hand with a heart at the end of the day to remind them of the kissing hand, but I think you all know those activities.


So....
I've chose my Sight Word Packets! Although it may not be a 'get to know you' mushy gushy activity, it's a great one to start on day one!

Associated Products: 
Last year when I taught K, I started with pre primer and made it to the end of the year in third grade sight words. The students showed large improvements in their reading also! I've copied the words back to back for homework/bellwork each day, but this year I think I'm going to bind the books so that they have a 'dictionary' of words. That way they are also learning the skill of alphabetized words :)
As you can see there are quite a few standards that they work on for each sheet. This is why I think these activities are great to start the first day of school. The parents and I love to tract their progression in these activities through the year!


      

2 comments

Jodi said...

I love the sight word activity! Thanks for linking up :)

❀Jodi
Fun In First

Mrs. Wathen said...

Thinking of using it to differentiate the word work center!

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Powered by Blogger.