Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Best 2 Years of My Life :)

Two years ago I married the man of my dreams! They always say that time flies when you are having fun and that is totally true! I can not believe that it has already been two years. I can still picture that day like it was yesterday. I remember sitting in my dining room as the girls were getting ready... I remember thinking to myself "Is it normal to be this calm only a few short hours before walking down the aisle?"
I can remember looking at myself in the mirror as I did my makeup.
I can remember pinching myself to make sure it was real.
I can still smell my bouquet.
I can still feel my father take me by the hand.
I can still hear the congregation awe as I walked down the aisle.
I can still hear my husband and me recite our vows.
I can still feel the smile as I walked out of the church.
I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach as we danced our first dance.
I can still feel the love that surrounded me that day.
I wish I could live that day over and over again, but when you marry the one that God has created just for you those memories are renewed each and every day. I am still thankful that he stole my heart and I in return took his last name!


I am in love with the lyrics in this song! It is almost like they wrote this song just for us <3


and for a couple of country lovers... this was our first song :)

Now to celebrate!
In honor of our anniversary I am throwing a 20% off sale at my TpT store!
                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

26 comments :

Linda Nelson said...

Happy Anniversary, Jessica! What a lovely post, and what a blessing it is to live your life knowing that God has made you for one another!!
Coincidentally, today was also my parents' anniversary. It would have been 63 years!

Many blessings to both of you!
Linda

Heidi said...

Happy Happy Anniversary my friend. This was such a sweet post and I wish the best for the years to come. I pray God continues to bless your marriage :) Have a fantastic day!!!

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary!

The Dalton Gang

Sara Soucy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Mrs. Wathen said...

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 16th and have loved every minute of it!

Congratulations again,
Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Miss Trayers said...

A really beautiful post! Happy Anniversary-hope you guys do something fun today to celebrate! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay

Kristen Smith said...

Happy Anniversary!! :) I hope you have a fabulous day!!

Kristen
A Day in First Grade

Lisa R. said...

Awww Happy Anniversary Jessica!! What a sweet post! You are a beautiful couple. Enjoy your day together! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Mrs. Crouse said...

Hi there!

I hope you can join me in my first ever Linky Party on "Preparing for School" over at {6th Grade} All-Stars

Hope to see you there!

Mrs. Crouse :)

Madame Aiello said...

Congratulations on this lovely occasion, Jessica! May you and your hubby keep that butterfly feeling & create thousands of memories over the decades to come!

Tammy @ Teaching FSL

Crayons and Curls said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy this wonderful day! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

~Stephanie Moorman said...

Wishing you a very happy anniversary!

~Stephanie
Teaching in Room 6

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a fabulous day! :) And may you two be blessed with many more to come...


~Sara~
Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

Michelle said...

So precious! Thanks for sharing! Happy Anniversary!
Michelle
nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

Happy Anniversary!
Chrissy
First Grade Found Me

Miss T said...

Congrats :) Thanks for sharing!

Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Miss Pasqua said...

Thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary!

http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

amy said...

Happy Anniversary!
Amy
Where Seconds Count

Alison said...

Congrats :) I am approaching 3 years, and I was talking to my mom today and said "Can you believe it?!" she can, but its still amazing to me!

Alison
Kitchin's Kinder

(heres hoping the link works, I havent done HTML in years!!!

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Congrats! We just had our 6th. Time really flies.

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Marianna Dunn said...

Happy Anniversary! My husband and I celebrated our one-year anniversary yesterday! July weddings are the best ;)

I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more on your blog!

Marianna
delightfullydunn.blogspot.com

Just Wild About Teaching said...

aww this was so nice to look at =) congrats you looked beautiful!!


justwildaboutteaching.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary Jessica! The video is beautiful!

:) Nancy
joyoflife2011.blogspot.com

Lidia said...

Happy Anniversary Jessica!

-Lidia
Kinder Alphabet

Monica said...

What a wonderful remembrance! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

Treasures for Teaching

Shar W said...

What a beautiful song/video- thanks for sharing with us and Happy Anniversary to you and your special man! I actually got teary eyed watching it! So sweet.....