Rockin' Resources Part Deux!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Kelley over at Teacher Idea Factory??? She's amaaaaaazing and gave me a reason to once again be a rule breaker and post twice in a day! Well I mean it's my anniversary so my first post wasn't educational... that means it's okay! lol



Exhibit uno:
Lakeshorelearning.com 's Instant Learning Centers
They are amaaaaaaazing!!! Let me just tell you I own the math, science and BOTH ELA sets and my students never bore of them! They are standards based centers that are easy as 1-2-3 and did I mention EVERYTHING is already created and supplied for you? You have to check them out!

Exhibit dos:
Have you ever tried signing in your classroom!? You'd be amazed at how quickly your students learn it and LOVE IT! My students will beg to watch signing time rather than having recess! They use signs throughout our classroom, the school, and their homes. I believe I've also seen a large improvement in behavior since I've implemented it!

Exhibit tres:
If you are an avid reader you will know I am obsessed with finding fun and out of the box ways to keep my students moving. These discs or wobble chairs as I like to call them are a great way to let your kids have motion while sitting on the carpet. They can also be set on a chair if needed. They LOOOOOOVE these! What a great sensory tool!

Exhibit quatro:
You may be thinking... Mrs. Stanford, but you have ball chairs! I actually have a few regular chairs in my classroom around my centers that are paper/book based. This way I can use chair sacks for easy storage of the materials that each student should use in that center/workstation for that day. It's such an easy way to differentiate! I number my chair sacks around the room and each student knows what number to rotate to for their level of work :)

Thanks again Kelley for being and amazing host and for giving us this greeeeat opportunity!

3 comments

Kelley Dolling said...

Girl, you are amazing. Thank you so much for linking up with your Cali pal :) I am actually in the market for chair pockets . . . I think they will keep things so much nicer for the kids. Where did you get yours from (Really Good Stuff)? Great resource list my dear. Thanks again friend.

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Krogers Kindergarten said...

I ADORE my lakeshore instant learning centers!! They were a life saver this year!

Danielle

Sharon Dudley said...

Jessica, I love your ideas! Lakeshore is my go-to store, but I don't have any instant learning centers yet. I was wondering if you could tell me if the kids can play with the science instant centers independently in kindergarten - what do you think? I was also wondering how you use the Abilitations Disco O Sit - are they used as a reward, or do you place them in centers? I'd love it if you could stop by my blog and tell me more about these great products.

Your latest follower,

Sharon Dudley, NBCT
http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

Powered by Blogger.