It's Definitely Summer!

Sunday, July 15, 2012
Wow is it a hot one or what?!
I spent the day at a family graduation party and I was just baking in the sun! Thank the Lord for ac in our house!!!

Alright so speaking of summer heat, guess who has their summer items on clearance?? TAR-GEAAA! (Target for those of you saying what?!)
and look at what I found! $4.99 when they used to be $10!! They are huge and I couldn't have found the amount of fabric for that cheap :)
These tablecloths are just the right colors for my classroom! I've been meaning to stop at Joann's for weeks now so that I can create a few of these 
{pin}

Aren't those banners adorable?! I know they are all the rave right now and everyone is doing them, but have you? If so, how? What did you do? Sew or use the witchery stuff?? 

These table clothes are 64x80 how big should I make the triangles??

Any advice would be wonderful!!!

I'm hoping to go the new sew route like Abby did...
{pin}
                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

13 comments

Rachelle said...

I went the no-sew route like Abby did. I used heat-n-bond.

Rachelle
http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

No sew all the way!! I used the stitch witchery and it was super easy and took no time at all! Although.. if you're not *quite* sure where you want them when yo uput them up, be careful taking them down! I pulled a few of my little triangles off the ribbon trying to move them! oops! Just a re-iron and it was fixed! :)
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Anonymous said...

I don't have any tips for you but wanted to tell you how much I love the fabric! Great colors and patterns! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Delighted in Second

Elizabeth said...

No sew with Stitch Witchery :)
Elizabeth

Emily said...

I'm so glad they are on sale! I've been looking at the red stripe for my entrance table. It's my plastic fold up table that needs something. Thanks for sharing!

Erin Sample said...

I saw those table cloths and were wanting some that would match my room. I'm glad you were able to use them though :)!
Sample’s Superstars
Erin

Lisa R. said...

I love those tablecloths & what a steal for $4.99! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Heidi said...

I never buy fabric anymore. I always find either sheets or tablecloths or I have even went as far as using pillow cases because they were on sale and cheaper and cuter than any fabric I could find. Nice finds and cheap too :)

I would go the stich witchery route. I used that stuff for the first time a couple weeks back to create a banner for my mantle and it was A-MA-ZING!!!

Good luck. Those colors are going to make a great banner.

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Heidi said...

I never buy fabric anymore. I always find either sheets or tablecloths or I have even went as far as using pillow cases because they were on sale and cheaper and cuter than any fabric I could find. Nice finds and cheap too :)

I would go the stich witchery route. I used that stuff for the first time a couple weeks back to create a banner for my mantle and it was A-MA-ZING!!!

Good luck. Those colors are going to make a great banner.

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Rose said...

Can't wait to see how they turn out. I have so wanted to make these but have not had the time. Let us know how they turn out and which method you decide to use.

Rose

"The Wonderful World of Kindergarten"

Sara at school said...

On a blog I was looking at last night - cant remember which - she used some duct tape - one of those nicer color ones. Just FYI
Sara

Sara at school said...

Found her - it was Teaching Maddeness
http://www.teachingmaddeness.com/
Sara

Unknown said...

I actually made a paper one with card stock and brads. :)
Erin
First with Franklin

Powered by Blogger.