Playdough Fun!

Thursday, July 19, 2012
I have been working hard on my TpT store for those of us that will be returning to school shortly! My latest creation is something that my kinders used daily and now my first graders are going to have to expand on. 
 Playdough cards for letters and numbers help students learn correct letter formation and give them a way to release some tactile energy :)
 I have created all capital letters on one side and lowercase on the other. This makes it easy to use a paper cutter to cut the entire stack, laminate, and either bind or clasp together. The letters are hollow for the students to form playdough within. I have also added the structural shapes that the students will need to create to piece the letters together.
My student's loved the letters so much that I have created corresponding number cards!


Don't forget to add your favorite items to your wishlist or maybe even your cart ;)

9 comments

Heidi said...

The videos are an amazing idea. Love them Jessica :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Lisa R. said...

I love the idea of video pins!! You always come up with the best ideas! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Danielle said...

Such a great new product!! I teach Kindergarten and completely see how this could help my Kinder Babies!! Just a little bit sad that our school is a D'Nealian school. You don't happen to have them in this format do you? :)

Kelley Dolling said...

These are so super cool! Thanks for sharing the idea, Jess! My firsties will love this during those first few weeks.

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

lorawebster said...

Jessica, these are so great! I am teaching 3 and 4 year olds this year, but I can totally see the 4 year olds loving to do this. Also, I like your idea to do a video to explain your product. You'll have to tell me how to do that on my Mac sometime...

Lora
Mrs. Webster’s Classroom Connections

Gladys said...

How have I not been following you all this time? That's just crazy! Love your blog and cute ideas!

Gladys
teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

Busy Bees said...

Love the video!! Great idea for centers~ Thanks for sharing!
Robynn
BusyBees

Susie Q said...

Hi Jessica!

As I was watching Studio 5, a Utah local home show, they did a segment on stopping the summer slide, and they featured TPT, and showed one of your products. I was so excited when I saw it! I wanted to let you know. Here's the link if you want to check it out.
http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=71&sid=21324796
Have a great day tomorrow!

Susie Q
susieqsclass@gmail.com
http://learningwithsusieq.blogspot.com

Julie Shope said...

Wow! These playdough cards are perfect for back to school! I am your newest follower! Come visit soon...http://msshopesclass.blogspot.com/

Julie

Powered by Blogger.