Make It!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Make it hmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 can I tell you what I plan on making??
Unfortunately I haven't been able to actually make it yet because they won't let me in the school long enough to do it!!

Let me see a show of hands for those of you that have heard of chalkboard paint... ok put them down. Let me see a show of hands for those of you that would like to paint something in your classroom with chalkboard paint... keep them raised if you'd like to find a cheaper way of doing it...

Ok that's what I thought. I want to paint EVERYTHING with chalkboard paint, but at $15 dollars for a teensy tinsy little can I started searching for alternatives and guess what this girl found????

{pin}

Yep! That's it!!

and Martha says
"Start with flat-finish latex paint in any shade. For small areas, such as a door panel, mix 1 cup at a time.
1. Pour 1 cup of paint into a container. Add 2 tablespoons of unsanded tile grout. Mix with a paint stirrer, carefully breaking up clumps.
2. Apply paint with a roller or a sponge paintbrush to a primed or painted surface. Work in small sections, going over the same spot several times to ensure full, even coverage. Let dry.
3. Smooth area with 150-grit sandpaper, and wipe off dust.
4. To condition: Rub the side of a piece of chalk over entire surface. Wipe away residue with a barely damp sponge."

I am planning on using it on my teacher table! The kiddos will be able to write right on it! GENIUS!!!
What would you paint?
                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

2 comments

Diving Into Learning said...

Wow, I really want to try this. I would want to make mini chalk boards in different colors. Or do like the back of a shelf.

~Jenna

Diving Into Learning

Tangelia C. said...

That is awesome! How cool would it be to have a chalkboard teacher center table! Sadly, my school won't let me paint anything since it is only 4 years old.

Powered by Blogger.