Friday, June 15, 2012

Guest Blogger Week


Starting tomorrow I will be volunteering as a camp counselor for an amazing camp that I participate in each and every summer.... this is my ninth year at RFKC!! I absolutely love spending one week of my summer with these kiddos!!

Anywhoooooo, I will be out in the boonies... the sticks.... the backwoods if you will. I mean this is my 9th year and I'm pretty good with directions and I still know I'm going to get lost! That is just bound to happen when your directions are like this "turn left on County Road 63, take a left at the fork in the road, turn right behind the old ice cream shop, if you see old earl's buffalo farm you've gone to far..." I kid you not!  

Well anyway, my reason for explaining that is 1.) I will be with kids all week (day in and day out) and 2.) I won't have internet or cell phone service! So please, please, please do not take offense to me not responding or commenting like you know I do. This does mean though that I would loooooooooove comments to respond back to once I do get in cell phone range, sooooo COMMENT AWAY! Comment like crazzzzzy!

It's always the best when the group of us get into cell phone range, we have to laugh because our phones go nuts! Texts, voicemails, emails, and every other alert on our crazy smart phones goes off and the one with the most always 'wins'. Well maybe not, but at least it gives us a good laugh :)

Not to mention directly from camp we are driving 10 hours to South Carolina for my husbands family reunion, so I'll have some time to respond hehe. BTW I'm having a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE giveaway when I hit 500 followers... so maybe that'll be in store when I get back *wink wink*
Ok ADD, so back to the reason for this post! I have some amazing ladies joining us! I'd love for you to check out their blogs and maybe even show them some love by following!! You guys are amazing to me and I love it!!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's guest blogger and my dear friend
Miss Jones from The Joy of Educating
                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

16 comments :

Kelly Young said...

Hi! Found your blog from a comment you made on another blog! Connecting with other teachers....that's what it is all about right?!? Congrats on your "promotion". While I am prying little ones off of mommies on the first day, your little darlings will be sitting in their desks smiling back at you because they already know school is awesome. Every teacher that moves "up" tells me at how much better it is when the kids are more independent. I'm sure that all things will work out for good!

Deborah said...

Looking forward to it~!!

Have fun on camp. :o)

The Paper Maid

Jennifer said...

I hope you have a great time at camp and the reunion!

Delighted in Second

Kimberly Santana said...

I volunteer at a camp in the back woods of Ocala, FL every summer...I can SO relate!!! Have a blast :)

Kimberly
The Learning Tree

Katie said...

I hope you have a great time!! I'm excited about guest blogger week ;)

Katie
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

Lisa R. said...

Have fun at camp!!! That sounds like it would be a blast. Looking forward to guest blogging week! :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Teaching Little Miracles said...

Have a great time!

Crystal
Teaching Little Miracles

April Walker said...

Have a great time at camp!

April @ The Idea Backpack

Amanda said...

Have fun at camp and great idea to have some guest bloggers while you are away. That takes some planning ahead. Well done. Hehe. Can't wait to hear some camp stories.

Amanda
The Teaching Thief

Heidi said...

Have a great week Jessica. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve when you get back :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

kjohnson4 said...

I love your blog too:) Good luck at camp!


We are ALL Special!

Jen said...

Wow! That sounds so fun! Let me know if I can help with your 500 follower giveaway!
~Jen
http://mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com/

Lana said...

Just found your blog! :) Hope you enjoy SC, that's where I live!

Looking forward to reading your blog!

Sara at school said...

Eek - no comments from Mrs. Stanford - how will I stand it? :)
Have fun in the wilderness.
Sara

Amanda said...

Your comments will certainly be missed!! Have a fun week! Looking forward to Guest Blogger Week!

Amanda
Teaching Maddeness

Mrs. Shelton said...

Have fun! I would DIE without cell phone service!!!! :)

Sarah
Kindergarten Korner