Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bees, Planes, and Back to Work I Go: an Update Post!


Hello everyone!! Oh how I've missed you and I know you're just dying to know what I've been up to! Well I know this is going to be a long boring post an exciting story of my last week or so. As you know I was out in the backwoods of southernish Ohio, in a little town named Elkhorn. We were there for a week in the crazy heat loving on kids that truly need it!

As my sister was being trained (this was my ninth year so I'm a little past that) I helped rearrange some of the amazing things that we do with the kids. Each day is special: Christmas, Easter, Birthday, and just FUN, FUN, FUN, but somehow in the mix I did this:
and this:
the first for both! My husband and I have been married for 2 years and I lost my first stone :( oh well, it's replaceable and insured... as for my foot... OUCH!!!! I've never been stung (yes yes I know I made it 27 years, 4 months, 1 week, and you get the picture) and this one sure made up for it!

After a wonderful week at camp (boy do I miss my girlies!) My husband surprised me with plane tickets to get to the family reunion! Thank God because this doesn't look like fun....
My poor sister fell asleep in the back of my husband's mustang (somehow) on our way home... 2 hours versus 10 is quite a miracle!

So long story short... we rushed home after camp, jumped in the shower so that we didn't smell like camp, and hopped onto a plane headed for Atlanta.
At least it was comfortable for me? 
and yes that is a copy of SkyMall in my lap lol. 
Who doesn't open it on a flight?!

The views were gorgeous! We landed in Atlanta at around 9pm and headed for the family reunion!
The weekend was hot, but beautiful and I spent most of my time here:



Thank God for the pool! I'm not used to the heat and I think I would have passed out if it weren't for it. It was wonderful meeting some of my husband's extended family and it was nice just to get away.


I like having a little sun in my life :)
especially before I headed back home to the Summer Readiness Program for incoming kindergarteners... Well that's it for now... Hope you're not sleeping by now hehe

                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

16 comments :

Kristin Young said...

voted & liked & facebooked. good luck!! :)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Just Wild About Teaching said...

hey girl i hope you get it ... i think i just did it !! was a bit weird but i think i got it ...good luck

Heather's Heart said...

We love knowing what you have been up to...ouch about the foot!

Glad you are back and good luck getting the laptop. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Tonya said...

OUCH! I got my first bee sting this winter...in Hawaii:( I am 30! It hurt like...you know! I bruised up too but not as bad as you! I hope you're ok!

Tonya
Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

Lisa R. said...

I hope your foot is feeling better!! You have been crazy busy, but it sounds like you've been having some fun! :) Welcome back!!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Teaching Little Miracles said...

Ouch! Glad to have you back with us in blog land. Hee hee...

Crystal
Teaching Little Miracles

Erin Bradley said...

Oh no! Your poor foot! I hope it is feeling better!

Busy Bees said...

Your foot looks like it would HURT!! Fingers crossed for your laptop!!
Robynn
BusyBees

EveryNewBeginning said...

I liked it and facebooked it as well. Ouch to your foot! Yay on surprises. What a great hubby you have!!!

Every New Beginning

Primary Possibilities said...

Wow, what stung you? That looks pretty painful.

I pinned your laptop button on Pinterest. Good luck!

Stephany
primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

Creating Brain Wrinkles said...

Hi Jessica,
I found your blog while looking for tips for adding social media icons. After a couple of very frustrating hours of reading blogs/watching video clips about this, I finally found your post and after I followed your directions--IT WORKED! I'm so excited! Thank you SO much! Now I just have to figure out the whole signature thingy...Whew!

I love your blog--I'm your newest follower! I'm off to vote for you! :)

Thanks again,
~Ansley
Creating Brain Wrinkles

Deborah said...

Ouch on the foot. And hugs on your ring.

A plane trip to visit the relatives was super nice. :o)

The Paper Maid

Jenn Long said...

Hi Jessica!
I voted but I dropped my Facebook account last year so I can't help out that way. I will definitely try to vote everyday and I'll blog about it at some point today! :) And...that ring is beautiful even if it's missing a stone and your bruise is a doozey! OUCH!
A Pirates Life for Us

Miss Trayers said...

Wow! You have some adventures already this summer! I'm jealous! Glad you are back-good luck with getting the laptop-I voted as well! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay

April Walker said...

I just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by to get it.
~April Walker
The Idea Backpack
Ideabackpack@gmail.com

Sara said...

Ouch! I don't think I've ever seen a bruise like that from a bee sting! Hope it feels better soon...

I voted & liked your project for you! I also took time to post your button about your project on my latest blog post to help spread the word... ( Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind... ) Fingers are crossed!

Happy Friday :)
~Sara~
Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...