Saturday, May 12, 2012

Summer Bucket List Linky!

Found the cutest Linky Party today on Teri's A Cupcake For The Teacher page. I couldn't resist the urge to fantasize about my summer bucket list, so here it goes....





1) Volunteer!

Every year for the past 9 years I have volunteered one week of my summer to help kids in need at Royal Family Kids Camp. This summer will be no different but I'd love to volunteer even more...


2) Take a roadtrip!

My husband and I plan on taking a road trip to SC for a family reunion and I'd love to visit some college friends that have moved south too! Nothing better than the open road and feeling the wind in your hair :)


3)Start Running!

I was a runner back in my high school days and it felt so good to be so healthy. I want that back. I want to be the person that can wake up before school for a quick run and be ready for the day.


My little Zoey would enjoy this too!!


4) Make my yard prettier!

We've now been in our house 3 years. The first year we ripped everything out. The second year we planted what we wanted. This year I will make sure that everything we planted is where it was intended (OCD) and add more. I want that yard that turns heads... and right now it's more BLAH than anything.


5) Last, but certainly not least.... RELAX!

Whether that means a weekend at the beach, a trip to go hiking, joining a yoga class, or sitting in the sun while reading a good book (or all of the above) I'm going to do it! Soak up the sun and my summer!

Until Next Time,
Blessings,

Mrs. Stanford
                                                    
TeachersPayTeachers Follow on Bloglovin FacebookPinterest Twitter

32 comments :

Taylor said...

I can't wait to relax as well!! I am your newest follower!

Mrs. Reimann said...

Relaxing and doing things I have put off are on my list. I am a new follower too.

Lorena

Tamera said...

Zoey is adorable!

Mrs. L. Jordan said...

I love your bucket list :) You followed me and I am following you. I hope that your summer is full of many wonderful things.

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I'm taking a road trip to SC too!! Myrtle Beach vacay with my fam :) Thank you for linking up!!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Jessica Stanford said...

Thanks for following! Xoxo

Jessica Stanford said...

Thanks Lorena! Xoxo

Jessica Stanford said...

Aww thanks! She's an all around great pup! Being cute just gets her anything she wants hehe xoxo

Jessica Stanford said...

Awwww thanks! Same to you xoxo

Jessica Stanford said...

Thanks for having us!! xoxo

Meagan England said...

Thank you for following my blog! I am now a new follower of your great blog.


Meagan
oodlesofteachingfun

Jessica Stanford said...

Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower xoxo

Hbrown said...

Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower! I added you too. I know what you mean about running--- I haven't in so long but I want to start again.
Heather
A New Teacher's Journey

Jena Snowden said...

I need to do everything on your bucket list! Your Zoey is so pretty. I love the brindle color. What kind of dog is she?

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

Stephanie said...

Your Zoey is a doll! I bet my two pooches would love for me to figure out the whole runner thing too but I'm convinced I was born without a running gene. Thanks for following my blog! It led me to yours and I am happy to now be following you both here and in your TPT store :)

Stephanie

Falling Into First

Jessica Stanford said...

You always feel good once you're a few weeks in. It's just getting to that point right? I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Jessica Stanford said...

Awwww thanks! I'm a little biased, but she is a gorgeous pup! She's complete mutt. Supposedly terrier and American bulldog, but boy can she run! She keeps up with us on four wheelers at the farm :)

Jessica Stanford said...

Hehe I think I was born without the workout gene lol

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Looks like a great plan! Hopefully you don't have too many days left. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower at YOUR blog!

Megan
www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

Jessica Stanford said...

We go until June 6th :/ and I teach the summer readiness program in June and July. So my bucket list only has a few days to happen.

Jena Snowden said...

I thought she might have a little bully in her! I adopted my Lucy almost 3 years ago, and she is an PB and Lab. She melts my heart when I look at her. She is the best dog I've ever had. Anyway, I will not get on my soapbox here!:)

Kara said...

I ran in high school, too, and would love to get back into it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm now your newest follower :)

Kara
Spedventures

Jessica Stanford said...

Sounds like quite a few of us want to get back into it! We should start a support team. Something to make us do it haha

Jessica Stanford said...

Hahah I completely understand! Zoey is the best dog I've ever had also. Everyone compliments her and she doesn't have a mean bone in her body! I'm celebrating mothers day with her since I don't have kids of my own yet lol

Jena Snowden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jena Snowden said...

Me either! So my fur babies are my kids!:)

Heidi said...

I have never been a runner, but it would be nice to do something to get into better shape. I love volunteering my time to help kids and I do many things through my church. Good luck on getting your summer to-do list taken care of :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Jaycee Weaver and Lohren Nolan said...

Your dog is so cute! My dog would love it if I would run with him, but running is just not appealing to me! ha

totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan

travelingteacher said...

Cute blog! I'm excited to explore it!

I am hoping to get back into yoga now that my crazy year has died down a bit...I feel like a completely different person without it.

Enjoy your summer : )

Kelli
Tales From a Traveling Teacher

ThinkWonder Teach said...

Love your list! I especially like the idea of volunteering.

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

SC Teacher 28 said...

It sounds like you are both heading to my backyard. MB is only an hour from my house!

Joni
KinderKids Fun
jegalford3406@gmail.com

The Teachers Backpack said...

Jut found your blog and I love your list! I'm your newest follower.

Cara
The Teacher's Backpack