First off may I say I am absolutely delighted to find out what generous and loving followers you are! And look at how fast it happened!! I want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to check my blog out and follow me!
Now for what you're all here for haha
Out of 88 entries... Random.org chose number 27
Congrats to Nicole of the super cute blog Teaching With Style and I can't wait to send that donation your way! (and let me tell you iPads In The Classroom are amazing tools!!)
Now for the Tags!
Kimberly of the adorable blog Love of Teaching was so kind to tag a newbie like me :) so here goes nothing!
Here Are The Rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you.
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)
1. Why did you become a teacher?
As far back as I can remember I have wanted to be a mommy. What other profession parallels parenting more than educating? :) For goodness sake when people ask me if I have children my immediate response is yes, 20!
2. If you could have any piece of technology in your classroom what would it be?
A promethean board! I was blessed to have one last year and I truly miss it!
3. Favorite Snack:
Hmmmm that's a tough one so I'll go with what I'm hungry for at the moment... Soft cookies with a cold glass of milk!
4. What are your plans for summer?
Every summer I volunteer one week of my time to be a camp counselor at a camp for RFKC , family reunions, small road trips, tutoring, and relaxing (while fulfilling my donorschoose, TpT, and new blogging addictions of course)
5. How do you get ready for a new school year?
Every year I try to have my themes, units, and plans somewhat sketched out so that all I have to do are plug in small details as they come :)
6. Favorite project you do with your students:
Kindergarten graduation, no doubt!
7. Funniest thing a student has said to you or asked:
"Mrs. Stanford do you have kids? Why not? Well you can just take one of us home for a while!"
8. Favorite drink:
Iced tea with a splash of lemonade :)
9. Best teaching memory:
When a student who was nonverbal at the beginning of the year read his first word!
10. What is your goal for next school year?:
To have every student in my class reading before Christmas break! And to have a successful TpT store so that I can help others on donorschoose.org!
Here are the 10 people that I am tagging:
Sarah of Kindergarten Korner
Lori of Teaching With Love and Laughter
Crystal of Kreative in Kinder
Lindsey of The Teacher Wife
Deanna of Mrs. Jump's Class
Kelly and Diane of Made for 1st Grade
Cara of The First Grade Parade
Abby of The Inspired Apple
*Nicole of Teaching With Style (she's extra credit she doesn't count for the original 10 hehe)
And my 10 questions for them:
1. What is your favorite part of teaching?
2. What got you into blogging?
3. If you could change one thing about your classroom what would it be?
4. When did your passion for teaching begin?
5. Other than teaching, what are your passions in life?
6. Where is your favorite place to travel?
7. What teaching milestone are you most proud of?
8. Can you name all of your elementary school teachers?
9. How many days of school do you have left?
10. If you could give advice to a new blogger what would it be?
I hope you will join in this cute tag!!
Until next time,